Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2008/03/24 12:34:21 UTC

Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Hi folks!

I've only received +1s from Murray and Andrew, so before I release, I
would like to have a bit more comments on whether you think 2.6.2-
rc-1 (or rc-4 which is the nightly, but it's got only some i18n
changes) is ready for release.  It's been out for over a week
already, so you should've been able to poke at it already.

/Janne

Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Harry Metske

Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

> Looks like your key hasn't been synced to all keyservers
> (for example pgp.mit.edu doesn't have it yet)

That is quite strange - there is probably some replication fault.  I
sent it months ago...  I now sent it directly to the MIT keyserver as
well.

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Janne Jalkanen schrieb:
>> I wasn't able to verify the build file:
>>    rocker:Desktop dave$ gpg --verify
>> JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip.asc.txt JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip
>>    gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 24 12:28:59 2008 EDT using DSA key ID
>> 13BE2497
>>    gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> This worries me, because I *have* submitted the key to the keyservers.
>
> Can anyone else get the signature checked?

gpg --recv-key 13BE2497
gpg: Schlüssel 13BE2497 von hkp Server subkeys.pgp.net anfordern
gpg: Schlüssel 13BE2497: Öffentlicher Schlüssel "Janne Jalkanen
<Ja...@iki.fi>" importiert

gpg --verify JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 24 17:28:59 2008 CET using DSA key ID 13BE2497
gpg: Good signature from "Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@iki.fi>"
gpg:                 aka "Janne Jalkanen <ja...@apache.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 85D0 2F40 B99F EF5B A9F8  3153 0698 1B9C 13BE 2497

Looks like your key hasn't been synced to all keyservers
(for example pgp.mit.edu doesn't have it yet)

--
Christian

Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> Your signature is valid but not signed. At some point, you should
> consider getting your key signed by some Apache folks...

Yes, I would love to do that - but I wouldn't trust anyone who agreed
to sign my key without actually meeting me ;-).

Unfortunately I'm not going to Apachecon either, so this may be a bit
complicated.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,

[CraigRussell:~/openjpa/openjpa/board] clr% gpg --recv-keys 13BE2497
gpg: requesting key 13BE2497 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: key 13BE2497: "Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@iki.fi>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1
[CraigRussell:~/Downloads/jspwiki-2.6.2] clr% gpg --verify
JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip.asc
gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 24 09:28:59 2008 PDT using DSA key ID
13BE2497
gpg: Good signature from "Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@iki.fi>"
gpg:                 aka "Janne Jalkanen <ja...@apache.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 85D0 2F40 B99F EF5B A9F8  3153 0698 1B9C 13BE
2497

Try using gpg --recv-keys 13BE2497 before verifying.

This is fine for now.

Your signature is valid but not signed. At some point, you should
consider getting your key signed by some Apache folks...

Craig

On Mar 25, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> I wasn't able to verify the build file:
>>   rocker:Desktop dave$ gpg --verify
>> JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip.asc.txt JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip
>>   gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 24 12:28:59 2008 EDT using DSA key ID
>> 13BE2497
>>   gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>
> This worries me, because I *have* submitted the key to the keyservers.
>
> Can anyone else get the signature checked?
>
> /Janne

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Janne Jalkanen
<Ja...@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>  I've only received +1s from Murray and Andrew, so before I release, I
>  would like to have a bit more comments on whether you think 2.6.2-
>  rc-1 (or rc-4 which is the nightly, but it's got only some i18n
>  changes) is ready for release.  It's been out for over a week
>  already, so you should've been able to poke at it already.

I was able to install and do some quick sanity tests, so you're good
to go from my point of view.

I wasn't able to verify the build file:
   rocker:Desktop dave$ gpg --verify
JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip.asc.txt JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-4-bin.zip
   gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 24 12:28:59 2008 EDT using DSA key ID 13BE2497

That wouldn't be acceptable for an Apache release, but this is not an
Apache release.

So I'm an unofficial +1 ;-)

- Dave

Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
+1
dirk

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
jp

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,
Harry

--
met vriendelijke groet,
Harry Metske

Re: Please vote: is 2.6.2 ready for release?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> That is the exact same file as JSPWiki-2.6.2-rc-1-bin.zip, which is
> linked from the jspwiki.org downloads page?

No not exact.  Functionality is the same.

> Apache projects typically do a formal release vote based on the final
> binary files that will be released, not the contents of a branch or
> the abstract notion of "are we ready to release now." What I'd like to
> do is verify the signature against the final RC4 binary file that
> users will download, then do a quick install/sanity check.

Right.  So that means that we will have to freeze the SVN branch in
which the release is made during the "release voting" period (or else
what happens is exactly what happened now - the rc1 was released, and
people kept committing anyway, and therefore we ended up with -rc4
before we knew about it.)

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
The nightly build is -rc4 - it's exactly -rc1, but people fixed some
i18n bits.

/janne

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.