Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bradford Matthews <br...@csmprofessionals.com> on 2012/03/12 17:37:51 UTC

Tomcat 5.5 IIS 7.5 2008 64bit

 Here is my steps that I used to install tomcat isapi connector.

To install Jakarta ISAPI redirector on IIS 7, follow these steps:

1. Under the Tomcat installation folder, for example, create a folder ISAPI

2. Copy isapi_redirect-1.2.28.dll file (or the latest one) to the
ISAPI folder from your Tomcat installation folder and rename it to
isapi_redirect.dll.

3. Create isapi_redirect.properties file in the same location and type
the given lines:

#configuration file for the jakarta ISAPI redirector
#The path to the ISAPI redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
#Full path to the log file for the ISAPI redirector
log_file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\logs\isapi_redirect.log
log_level=info
worker_file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\conf\workers.properties
worker_mount_file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\conf\uriworkermap.properties

4. Under the Tomcat installation folder in conf directory, create
workers.properties file and uriworkermap.properties file.

For uriworkermap.properties:

# uriworkermap.properties - IIS
/*=ajp13w

For workers.properties:

# workers.properties
#
# This file provides minimal jk configuration properties needed to
# connect to Tomcat.
#
# The workers that jk should create and work with
#
worker.list=ajp13w,jkstatus
#
# Defining a worker named ajp13w and of type ajp13
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#
worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
worker.ajp13w.port=8009
#
# Define status worker
#
worker.jkstatus.type=status

5. Edit <Tomcat-install-folder>\conf\server.xml to allow localhost on
port 8009 by adding address="127.0.0.1":
   <Connector port="8009"  address="127.0.0.1" enableLookups="false"
redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3"

6. Open IIS Manager:
a. In the left pane, Under Server node > Sites > Default Web Site>
select Add Virtual Directory node.
b. Type jakarta in the Alias text box.and specify the location of the
isapi_redirect.dll file in the Physical path.
c. Under Default Web Site, double-click on ISAPI Filters.
d. In ISAPI Filters window, right-click and select Add button, give
Jakarta as the filter name.
e. Click Browse, select the isapi_redirect.dll and click OK.
f. Click OK

7. Under Default Host name, Double-click ISAPI > CGI Restrictions:
a. In the ISAPI and CGI Restrictions window, right-click and select Add.
b. Click Browse and select isapi_redirect.dll.
c. Provide Jakarta in the Description text box.
d. Select Allow extension path to execute option and click OK.

8. Under Default Web Site, select the virtual directory Jakarta:
a. In the right pane, double-click Handler Mappings.
b. In the Handler Mappings window, right-click and select Edit
Features Permissions.
c. Select the Execute checkbox and click OK.

9. Stop Tomcat

10. Restart IIS

11. Start Tomcat

To test the connector:
>From a supported browser, enter the following URL:
https://localhost/tomcat-docs
The Apache Tomcat Documentation page is displayed.

Now following this steps I get:

Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.
Detailed Error Information
Module  IsapiFilterModule
Notification    AuthenticateRequest
Handler StaticFile
Error Code      0x80070001
Requested URL   https://localhost:443/docs/
Physical Path   C:\inetpub\wwwroot\docs\
Logon Method    Anonymous
Logon User      Anonymous

Any suggestions?

Re: Tomcat 5.5 IIS 7.5 2008 64bit

Posted by Bradford Matthews <br...@csmprofessionals.com>.
https.
I went and used the 32 bit isapi, downgraded java to 1.5jdk and it now works

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bradford Matthews <br...@csmprofessionals.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.