Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io> on 2018/06/22 17:42:38 UTC

[VOTE] 1.0.2 RC0

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 1.0.2.

This is a bug fix release closing 26 tickets:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+1.0.2

Release notes for the 1.0.2 release:
http://home.apache.org/~mjsax/kafka-1.0.2-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, 6/26/18 end-of-day, so we
can close the vote on Wednesday.

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~mjsax/kafka-1.0.2-rc0/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~mjsax/kafka-1.0.2-rc0/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 1.0 branch) is the 1.0.2 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/1.0.2-rc0

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/10/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/10/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 1.0 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-1.0-jdk7/211/
System tests:
https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka/job/1.0/217/

/**************************************

Thanks,
  -Matthias

Re: [VOTE] 1.0.2 RC0

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for pointing out Jason.

I double checked and there was a bug in the release script. The artifact
were not built.

I'll roll a new RC.

-Matthias

Re: [VOTE] 1.0.2 RC0