Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Josh Smith <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/28 17:17:11 UTC

MultipleOutputs and Custom Writers

I need to output 3 different XML files from my map reduce job. I currently
have it working for a single file, but when I try to add in the logic for
MultipleOutputs to the reducer to support splitting the files, I get errors
from the writer attempting to write to the same file.
I assume thats caused by trying to manage the output file name via the
custom FileOutputFormat class implementation.

Has anyone got a good example of combining MultipleOutputs and a custom
OutputFormat class that I can use?

To make matters worse I have to configure all of this via Oozie as thats
enforced by the commercial Hadoop appliance my company uses.