Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Karthick Sankarachary <sa...@intalio.com> on 2009/09/10 18:44:23 UTC

Re: ODE 1.3.x dependencies

> > ODE 1.3.x is based on:
> >
> > 1) lib\saxon-9.x.jar
> > Which version is it exactly? Is it possible to change this dependency to
> > the most current version? With concrete version number.

This library is based on the saxon-9.1.0.2.jar, and contains a patch for a
issue that we raised and was resolved by Michael Kay. Given that the most
current version should now have that patch as well, it is possible to depend
on that instead. However, the process of upgrading versions involves (a)
adapting our saxon extensions to any changes in interfaces, (b) resolving
any regressions in test cases that involve XPath and XSLT, not to mention
the BPEL <assign> activity, and (c) upgrading the designer to the most
current version, just to make sure that it is on the same page as the
server. As you can tell, this is not a trivial effort, which is why we don't
upgrade saxon every time a new release comes out.

Best Regards,
Karthick Sankarachary