Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeff Hair <je...@greenqloud.com> on 2017/01/13 11:26:21 UTC

Upgrading and Handling Guest OS Types

Hi,

This is something I've considered a few times but never really thought of a
good solution to. The API has the abiilty to register custom guest OS
types. You can also insert them into the database manually. What happens
when installations with custom guest OS types are upgraded to a new CS
version that has built-in support for these guest OS types?

For example, what happens if I add say "Ubuntu 18.04" as a guest OS type,
and then some later version of CS adds this type as well in an upgrade
migration. What happens with my definition?

Jeff