Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2013/09/15 00:50:17 UTC

Lost in space with Subversion...

Hi,

When working on improving our license header compliance I ran into a
problem I've not encountered before: spaces in the path of a directory
that is checked into Subversion.

I am unable to update files that reside inside a directory that has
spaces in it. I've tried from Windows and Ubuntu using both a Java
desktop app and standard svn command line client. The error message
complains about the spaces, which in the URL have been converted to
%20.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

Here are the files in question, that needs license headers. I've
currently excluded them from RAT in the POM, so if someone succeeds in
checking in updated versions of them with license headers, please
remember to remove the excludes in the POM.

maven-jarsigner-plugin
src/it/spacy path/src/main/java/Main.java
src/it/spacy path/verify.bsh

maven-patch-plugin
src/it/path with spaces/invoker.properties

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Lost in space with Subversion...

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot Robert!

It was indeed an svn client issue.

Using Subversion 1.7.13 from the command line worked fine, after
upgrading my working copy.
However my Java based desktop app, which uses the TMate library, was
unable to commit the files. The error message was different though.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the hints Martin.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.