Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jay <ho...@reddshell.com> on 2004/01/13 23:33:37 UTC

Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon

Versions being used:    Tomcat 4.0.6, Cocoon 2.1.3, Sun JDK 1.4.2_02,
Linux Gentoo 1.4

Our basic problem is that our application, which is run on Tomcat (just
a collection of .jsp files mostly) calls Cocoon (via a call to
http://ipaddress:8888/reportx.pdf) to generate .pdf reports. But once
that happens, the session information is lost. Specifically, you still
have a session, but with a different session id than before (and all of
the previously saved information is gone).

So it appears the the session is now overridden by Cocoon. So is there a
way to configure Cocoon to not do so?

We also tried running Cocoon under a separate JVM but got the same
results. You must refresh the app at this point because it no lost all
information stored about itself.

Thanks,

Jay

RE: Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon

Posted by Jay <ho...@reddshell.com>.
Looks like a possible Windows vs Linux issue. We've been able to get it
all to work fine on Windows, but not on Linux.

Jay

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

On 14.01.2004 15:58, Jay wrote:

> To call Cocoon we simply do a:
>
> window.open(loc,'repWindow',config='height=400,width=800,location=no,s
> ta

tus=no,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,directories=no
> ')
> 	where loc is something like
> 		http://192.1.1.1:8888/proj/ReportT01.pdf?clientId=10
>
> The sitemap then looks like:
>    <map:match pattern="ReportT01.xml">
>        <map:parameter name="contextPath"
value="{request:contextPath}"/>

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

RE: AW: Session Lost between Tomcat and Cocoon

Posted by Jay <ho...@reddshell.com>.
By the way, we do know that the Cocoon interaction is the issue. To get
around it temporarily we put in a hack to call a shell script that curls
the report into a .pdf file which is then loaded into the window instead
and that works.

Posted by Jay <ho...@reddshell.com>.
That could definitely be the same problem. We do have a valid session
when we get back from the Cocoon call. But if you check the id, it is
not the same session.