Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jonathan Carlson <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/09 16:15:12 UTC

GETTING_STARTED.txt problems

I tried to set up the newapp sample application last night.  I was
hoping that someone unfamiliar with Turbine (like myself) might be able
to get it running right away.  However, the file
webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/GETTING_STARTED.txt seems to be quite out of date.

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism because I'm looking
forward to learning more about Turbine.

Here are the issues:

I couldn't find ./project/newapp.properties so I figured maybe
build.properties in the same dir was the correct one.

It said to change some properties in that file, of which the
targetPlatform and targetPlatformExt properties did not exist.

So then the Ant init target didn't init properly (probably because of
the above issues).

Then down lower in the GETTING_STARTED.txt file it talks about a
TR.props file without telling me where it is or what it does.

Thanks!

Jonathan Carlson
joncrlsn@users.sf.net

Re: GETTING_STARTED.txt problems

Posted by Humberto Hernandez <hh...@itweb.com.mx>.
This also happened to me when tryied to install Turbine the first
time. Evidently the "TDK Howto" from the web site is in a better shape. It is
probably better to erase the GETTING_STARTED.txt from the distribution so
unsuspected souls like don't try to follow it.
--
  Humberto