Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by david <si...@theworld.com> on 2003/04/16 16:44:46 UTC

HTTP response status

Hi All,

If I set a 404 response status in my servlet then tomcat will send it's 404
page and the apache access log shows a status of 404.

If I set a 404 response status in my servlet and catch it using a
<error-page> web.xml directive then I can send my own 404 page but apache
access log shows a 200 status.

Is there any way I can send my own page AND have the status show up as 404
in apache access logs?

Obviously tomcat does this but I can't seem to do it myself.

Using rh8, tomcat 4.1.18, mod_jk, apache2

Thanks.
David