Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Akshay Joglekar <ak...@danalinc.com> on 2016/10/05 23:14:41 UTC

Delayed Queue usecase

Hi,

I have a use case where I need to process certain messages only after a certain amount time has elapsed. Does Kafka have any support for time delays?
Currently I am putting messages in different queues based on when the message should get processed and at any given time the consumers only poll the queue whose time is current. However this does not scale very well and it's hard to provide finer second-level or millisecond level granularity since the number of queues required becomes huge at that point. So was wondering if Kafka provides any built-in mechanism for time delays that can be used.

Thanks,
Akshay

Re: Delayed Queue usecase

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
Kafka doesn't support time delays at all, no.