Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by TK...@AIT.ca on 2000/06/05 18:57:03 UTC

parsing French characters

Hi!
I'm  parsing XML and XSL source file to extract SQL command from java.
The XML XSL source should hndle french characters
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> it is OK?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> it is OK?
in java side I have the following setup:
   XSLTInputSource xmlFRInputSource = new XSLTInputSource(xmlFR);
      xmlFRInputSource.setEncoding("ISO-8859-1");
      XSLTInputSource xslFRInputSource = new XSLTInputSource(xslFR);
      xslFRInputSource.setEncoding("ISO-8859-1");
In output I find french characters converted.
What I should to do to keep the french characters not converted in all
system.
I'm using jBuilder 3.5 as env. and Windows NT
Thanks
Tadeusz Kulisz