Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@shapeblue.com> on 2023/06/06 08:43:26 UTC

[Proposal] Object Storage in CloudStack

Hi,
I would like CloudStack to support Object Storage as a first-class end user feature. It can be added using plugin framework to support various Object Storage providers.
CloudStack will manage the lifecycle of ObjectStoragePools and Buckets. Any S3 compliant client should be able to manage the objects within the buckets.

I've added a draft functional spec here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/%5BDRAFT%5D+CloudStack+Object+Store

Looking forward to your feedback.

regards,
Kishan

Re: [Proposal] Object Storage in CloudStack

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks for proposal the design doc Kishan, LGTM. Looking forward to experiment with the draft PR and iterations for further feedback.

Regards.