Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/30 11:37:13 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130628

Hi All,

We started doing the AOO 4.0 Final Regression test this week, here is the
weekly update (6/24 - 6/28):

*Test execution:*
1. Exploration testing of Base on Windows 7, Covered Database, Table,
Query, Form, Report with embedded database, DB2 via JDBC and Text(CSV files)

New bugs found: (red ones are marked with flag 4.0.0 release blocker ?)
122589     AOO Base crash when delete table from query design and close the
design window
122596     Unable to edit table's existing fields in a db2 table
122603     Date field displays incorrect value as number text in Base report
122604     Data sort does not work for Asc and Desc with group field when
set it in Base report wizard
122605     value of sort by is not stored when click back in Base report
wizard
122611     Unable to edit CSV table
122612     Unable to add more than one table in query design window for CSV
database

Detail report/scenarios:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/AOO40_Database

2.  Full/Final Regression test
We have assigned 1804 text executions to about 20 volunteers, and completed
about 66% in execution (1189 test executions done). We will retest the
failed/blocked test executions as the defects get fixed

*Defect summary:*
1. 40 proposed release blocker (with flag 4.0.0_release_blocker+), 22 more
this week (18 last week) - can we contain?
2. 3 Base critical defects (in red above) are opened this week, we need
review to decide if add them in release blocker list or switch with the
existing ones - how many people use Base?

*Issues & quality highlight:*
1. We have execution gap in Base exploaration test as lack volunteers in
testing
2. The number of AOO 4.0.0 release blockers is increased to 40 this week,
do we contain or re-triage?
3. QAs are reminded to retest the failed/blocked test executions as the
defects get fixed

*Volunteer status: *
1. No new volunteers(total 20 so far) on test execution work, 2 person ask
for more as they have completed their assignment
2. Assign 2 volunteers(1 from testing work) on defect verification work
3. Check possible volunteers on Base exploration test to see if they are
avaiable, we have execution gap here

*Plan for next week:*
1. Continue to do Base exploration test on Mac and Linux
2. Work with volunteers to verify defects with severity as blocker or
critical (total 86)
3. Retest the failed/blocked test executions as the defects get fixed

Thanks you all for effort this week, let's continue and make progress next
week!

Regards,
Yu Zhen