Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Philip Schlesinger <ph...@farheap.com> on 2008/08/04 23:20:33 UTC

Can't get jsf on-load to work

Hi all,

As the subject says, I can't get jsf on-load to work.  I'm trying to get it to retrieve and render a byte[] (an image) in response to a call to a URL.

I must be missing some step.

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.16 with JVM 1.5.0_15-b04 on Kubuntu 8.04 with MyFaces 1.2.3 and comons-logging 1.1.

I've downloaded the jsfExt-0.9.0.jar file and put it into /WEB-INF/lib.

I've extracted from the jar the onload-config.xsd and put it into /WEB-INF.

All of the relevant files are here:
http://www.papernapkin.org/pastebin/view/2076/

I package it into a war file and then deploy it to Tomcat.

Accessing it via http://localhost:8080/AssetManager/request.jsf?repo=1&repoid=2

I get:

<snip>
Repo: 1
RepoId: 2

Default Body
</snip>

When that page loads, no errors appear in my tomcat/logs/ dir.

What am I missing that is causing onload not to call LoadImage and then go to response.xhtml?

- Phil

Re: Can't get jsf on-load to work (SOLVED SOMEHOW)

Posted by Philip Schlesinger <ph...@farheap.com>.
I dunno how I got it to work, but I got it to work.