Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/12/24 16:52:09 UTC

[Discuss] OpenStack Nova Dependency

Hi Devs,

I just noticed that we have forked OpenStack Nova module but we are not
packaging it. As I see in the cloud controller feature we are packaging
jclouds version of it:

<bundleDef>org.apache.jclouds.api:openstack-nova:${jclouds.version}</
bundleDef>

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] OpenStack Nova Dependency

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the clarification Raj!

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Yes we did.

As mentioned in my previous reply, please refer this JIRA for more
information. This contains why we did/didn't fork each modules.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1002

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Make sense, did we verify whether changes done in openstack-nova 1.8.0
> fork are available in 1.8.1?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please refer this JIRA for more information on this jclouds upgrade from
>> 1.8.0 to 1.8.1
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1002
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkumarr@wso2.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>
>>> This is openstack-nova 1.8.0 fork.
>>>
>>> We have switched to 1.8.1 from December 3rd.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> --
>>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>>
>>> Mobile : +94777568639
>>> Blog : rajkumarr.com
>>>

>> --
>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>
>> Mobile : +94777568639
>> Blog : rajkumarr.com
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

This is openstack-nova 1.8.0 fork.

We have switched to 1.8.1 from December 3rd.

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Seems like we have removed it two days ago, did we verify whether it is
> used or not before removing?
>

> https://github.com/apache/stratos/commit/a9834e9ec1c7c9056fb36dbfcf18bc3fd73087bc#diff-ddb15574bef1e045333ad243338de9c9
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the typo :)
>>
>> s/Do we the fork in our code base?/Do we have the fork in our code base?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>
>>> We didn't fork openstack-nova 1.8.1.
>>>
>>> Do we the fork in our code base? Where?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> --
>>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>>
>>> Mobile : +94777568639
>>> Blog : rajkumarr.com
>>>

>> --
>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>
>> Mobile : +94777568639
>> Blog : rajkumarr.com
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Sorry for the typo :)

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

We didn't fork openstack-nova 1.8.1.

Do we the fork in our code base? Where?

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know why we have forked it?
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> If we are not packaging, we can remove it
>>

>> Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.
>> On Dec 24, 2014 9:22 PM, "Imesh Gunaratne" <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> I just noticed that we have forked OpenStack Nova module but we are not
>>> packaging it. As I see in the cloud controller feature we are packaging
>>> jclouds version of it:
>>>
>>> <bundleDef>org.apache.jclouds.api:openstack-nova:${jclouds.version}</
>>> bundleDef>
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne