Posted to user@flink.apache.org by elakiya udhayanan <la...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/11 07:27:41 UTC

Query on using Apache Flink with Confluent Kafka

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to read kafka events through Apache Flink and do
processing with the same.

Now this kafka topic which produces the event to the Apache Flink is a
confluent kafka and it is hosted as a kubernetes pod in the Docker
container.

The actual problem is I am unable to consume the message that is being
produced by the Kafka topic. I am attaching my pom.xml and the main class
which I used to consume the message.

Also I would like to understand if the below queries are doable using
Apache Flink.
1. Can we consume and produce messages to confluent Kafka that is either
hosted in a docker container or in a eks cluster ?
2. Can we write a spring cloud based application using Apache flink and
deploy the same as a flink job ?

Please help me to solve my issue.

Thanks,
Elakiya