Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by bigcache1 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/16 16:44:07 UTC

Attribute question

I have component with SelectModel:
@Property
private SelectModel facilitySelect = new FacilitySelectModel(dao);

and that model implemented in data package:

public class FacilitySelectModel extends AbstractSelectModel {

	private List<OptionModel> options = new ArrayList<OptionModel>(3);

	public FacilitySelectModel(CrudServiceDAO dao) {
		List<Facility> facilities = dao.findWithNamedQuery(Facility.ALL);
		for (Facility f : facilities)
			options.add(new OptionModelImpl(f.getName(), f.getFacilityId()));
	}

	public List<OptionGroupModel> getOptionGroups() {
		return null;
	}

	public List<OptionModel> getOptions() {
		return options;
	}
}

So my problem is that with such approach data for selectmodel is loaded at
the startup or first request, and not updates then. So if I add new facility
- it won't be in the selection list, until I restart whole application. So
what should I do, to see fresh information with each request?

Re: Attribute question

Posted by bigcache1 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Found an ajax select, thanks a lot!

Re: Attribute question

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Have you taken a look at JumpStart
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/home.html

for inspiration?

Re: Attribute question

Posted by bigcache1 <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Attribute question

Posted by bigcache1 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Works nice, thanks a lot!
I just thought about some attribute for facilitySelect property

Re: Attribute question

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Why not do it at

@Inject
private DAO dao;

void onPrepareForRender(){
   facilitySelect = new FacilitySelectModel(dao);
}

regards
Taha