Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Patrick <ro...@oracle.com> on 2014/02/02 20:18:39 UTC

RE: Plugins with parameters and defaultValue

>From what I can tell in my testing, the @Parameter attributes required=true and defaultValue="some value" are mutually exclusive (in terms of behavior).   That is, if you combine defaultValue="..." and required=true, defaultValue always satisfies the required=true setting, making required=true irrelevant.

If a defaultValue is provided (regardless of whether or not required=true is set or not), you will get the default value injected in the following configurations specified for the parameter myValue:
	- <myValue>     </myValue>
	- <myValue></myValue>
	- <myValue/>
	- myValue not specified in the configuration

If required=true is specified without a defaultValue specified, the same for cases above will cause build failures because the required parameter has not been specified.

--
Robert Patrick <ro...@oracle.com>
VP, FMW Platform Architecture

Professional Oracle WebLogic Server
by Robert Patrick, Gregory Nyberg, and Philip Aston
with Josh Bregman and Paul Done
Book Home Page: http://www.wrox.com/