Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2009/09/26 06:56:30 UTC

Performance of Ant Move

Hi,

We are observing ant move is way too much time for directory renaming with
contents more than 100mb.

How efficient is move for rename of directory names with the same parent.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

Re: Performance of Ant Move

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-09-26, Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> We are observing ant move is way too much time for directory renaming with
> contents more than 100mb.

This should only happen if Ant thinks it can't rename the directory
directly - because it thinks there are files in your source directory
that shall not be moved.  Are you excluding anything?

Stefan