Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Cody Gibson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 20:53:59 UTC

Recovery/ crash of my document: please send response to imanfgibson@icloud.com

I have an Acer computer and my son downloaded open office 4.1.1 . I was writing in this program and I received a message that the document needs to be recovered and I pressed on the recovery .then next came on and I pressed next,then the document came up then right away a messagecame up saying crashed . So I pressed ok to save the document. I did this for two hours because the messages kept coming on the screen to recover the document.i kept recovering the document about 100 times. And now I can not open my document at all. I called Acer and they said it is open office 4.1.1 application caused this crash not Acer.

Re: Recovery/ crash of my document: please send response to imanfgibson@icloud.com

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.

oh. i'll read twice next time. however, everything is possible since apple switched to i386: https://www.google.com/search?q=mac+os+x+acer&tbm=isch

Re: Recovery/ crash of my document: please send response to imanfgibson@icloud.com

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Recovery/ crash of my document: please send response to imanfgibson@icloud.com

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:53:59 -0000, Cody Gibson <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an Acer computer and my son downloaded open office 4.1.1 . I was writing in this program and I received a message that the document needs to be recovered and I pressed on the recovery .then next came on and I pressed next,then the document came up then right away a messagecame up saying crashed . So I pressed ok to save the document. I did this for two hours because the messages kept coming on the screen to recover the document.i kept recovering the document about 100 times. And now I can not open my document at all. I called Acer and they said it is open office 4.1.1 application caused this crash not Acer.

if your operating system is mac osx, then the following may help:

On recent versions of Mac OS X it might happen, especially after a "Force quit", that the following error message appears: "Restore Windows - The application OpenOffice.org was forced to quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?". If you cannot get rid of it: Option-click the "Go" menu; choose "Library" from the menu to open the folder in the Finder; click on the folder "Saved Application State"; delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState".

if that doesn't help, please say what operating system you use and what is the exact wording of the error messages (do not send screenshots because they are often stripped off by the list antispam engine).