Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by chengy <ch...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2009/09/10 11:47:42 UTC

How servicemix fill my requirement easily?

Hi,all.I am trying to evaluate a ESB.I meet questions while using servicemix.

My requirement is provide a simple configuration interface of BC,SE via HTML
for useres,
according to the configuration information of users inputing,generating
jbi.xml,xbean.xml,
pack them as sa module,copy the module to the hotdeploy directory of
servicemix automatically.

In practice,I find it's difficult to me.Convert the user configuration to
xbean.xml by jaxp is painful to me.I find the configuration interface is
various,the namespace is various,many QNames are used in the xbean.xml.

Can anybody tells me is the a good way to generate a specifically xbean.xml
files by configurations?
Is xbean the same technique to xmlbean?
How does the namaspace of xbean.xml correspond to the java class in
servicemix?

:I have thought of using native call mvn.Use jaxp add depandency to
pom.xml.But unfamiliar with mvn,mvn may download to many jars.

Re: How servicemix fill my requirement easily?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

In theory, this should be possible off course.  There's a namespace
per component, each namespace defining it's own endpoints and then
there's the user's SA namespace.  I guess the only way to manage that
is by writing some kind of adapter class for every component.

Another option you might want to consider is letting your users define
camel routes from the web ui instead of JBI SU/SA.  You can also do a
lot with Camel and their data model is already being defined in JAXB,
which might make things a little easier for you to start.  The Camel
XML definition can still be packaged in a SU/SA and be hotdeployed
inside ServiceMix, so they woudn't even have to know if they're using
Camel or JBI.  For ServiceMix 4, we also support deploying the Camel
XML file directly by putting it in the deploy folder.

Considering your remarks about Maven, I would consider you to give it
a try, especially if you're going to develop a larger app that uses a
few external libraries as you're doing.  It might be a bit daunting in
the beginning, but you'll quickly reap the benefits of the migration
to Maven.

Hope this can get you started on your project and we'd love to hear
from you as you get this working (or whenever you run into problems
building your solution, off course ;) )

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com