Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by dhanasekar <dh...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 16:33:45 UTC

Communicating with a remote Jackrabbit repository

Could you please help me in the resolution of the below issue being faced by
me:

I'd like to make Nuxeo EP talk to a remote Jackrabbit repository. I've
Jackrabbit 1.3.3 running on Tomcat 6.x at port 8090. I do have Nuxeo 5.1.2
GA running on JBoss server at port 8080. What are the config changes
necessary to make this happen.

I'hv set up a new repository configuration and in the nuxeo.ear/config
folder I'hv created
    1 . MyRepo-repositoy-config.xml Add the new repository configuration
    2 . MyPlatform-Layout-config.xml Declare the new repository to the
platform
    3 . myrepo-ds.xml Registering our Repository
After logging in to Nuxeo, I can see the new repository in the webpage and
also able to save and retrieve the document locally. By default Repository
is stored inside "server/default/data/nxruntime/repos" folder.

In order to access the repository remotely, I'hv created repository in a
different machine under "C:/Repository" by deploying
jackrabbit-jca-1.2.3.rar in Jboss server.

The problem arises when I try to store and retrieve the documents in the
newly created repository in the other machine from Nuxeo server running in
my machine.

It doesn't store and retrieve the document in the other machine, but uses my
machine to store and retrieve document in
"server/default/data/nxruntime/repos/MyRepo" folder in my machine.

Re: Communicating with a remote Jackrabbit repository

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
Dhanasekar, please don't spam the Jackrabbit dev list with questions
unrelated to the development on Jackrabbit itself.

Florent

dhanasekar wrote:
> Could you please help me in the resolution of the below issue being faced by
> me:
>
> I'd like to make Nuxeo EP talk to a remote Jackrabbit repository. I've
> Jackrabbit 1.3.3 running on Tomcat 6.x at port 8090. I do have Nuxeo 5.1.2
> GA running on JBoss server at port 8080. What are the config changes
> necessary to make this happen.
>
> I'hv set up a new repository configuration and in the nuxeo.ear/config
> folder I'hv created
>     1 . MyRepo-repositoy-config.xml Add the new repository configuration
>     2 . MyPlatform-Layout-config.xml Declare the new repository to the
> platform
>     3 . myrepo-ds.xml Registering our Repository
> After logging in to Nuxeo, I can see the new repository in the webpage and
> also able to save and retrieve the document locally. By default Repository
> is stored inside "server/default/data/nxruntime/repos" folder.
>
> In order to access the repository remotely, I'hv created repository in a
> different machine under "C:/Repository" by deploying
> jackrabbit-jca-1.2.3.rar in Jboss server.
>
> The problem arises when I try to store and retrieve the documents in the
> newly created repository in the other machine from Nuxeo server running in
> my machine.
>
> It doesn't store and retrieve the document in the other machine, but uses my
> machine to store and retrieve document in
> "server/default/data/nxruntime/repos/MyRepo" folder in my machine.

Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM)