Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bing Du <bd...@iastate.edu> on 2007/03/08 20:09:44 UTC

[users@httpd] high load average httpd

Hi,

Apache 2.0.52.
Linux 2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 8 14:29:47 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

When I run 'top', I saw quite a few httpd running.  Some were using 50% or
above CPU.  Now that I know PID of each one, how can I know what each
httpd is doing?  Where is the httpd connection coming from?  I'd
appreciate if anybody more experienced and knowledgeable can point me to
the right direction to start.

Thanks in advance,

Bing

Re: [users@httpd] high load average httpd

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/8/07, Bing Du <bd...@iastate.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apache 2.0.52.
> Linux 2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 8 14:29:47 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386
> GNU/Linux
>
> When I run 'top', I saw quite a few httpd running.  Some were using 50% or
> above CPU.  Now that I know PID of each one, how can I know what each
> httpd is doing?  Where is the httpd connection coming from?  I'd
> appreciate if anybody more experienced and knowledgeable can point me to
> the right direction to start.

See mod_status and the server-status handler it provides.

Joshua.