Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2018/09/27 23:25:00 UTC

Rat is failing due to generated files under bin directories

Command-line build seems to create these bin directories under each module
which is fine.

But now Rat is failing because of the generated files under these bin
directories. This in turn causes my local command-line build to fail.

Does anyone know how to make this problem go away without using "-x rat"?

Unapproved licenses:

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/extensions/geode-modules/bin/main/modules-version.properties

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/extensions/geode-modules/bin/test/org/apache/geode/modules/Event.hbm.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/extensions/geode-modules/bin/test/org/apache/geode/modules/Person.hbm.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/main/org/apache/geode/cache/query/internal/parse/OQLLexer.smap

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/main/org/apache/geode/cache/query/internal/parse/OQLParser.smap

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testAddNewNodeNewNamed.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testAddNewNodeNewUnnamed.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testAddNewNodeNewUnnamedExtension.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testAddNewNodeReplaceNamed.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testAddNewNodeReplaceUnnamed.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testAddNewNodeReplaceUnnamedExtension.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testDeleteNodeNamed.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testDeleteNodeUnnamed.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.testDeleteNodeUnnamedExtension.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsAddNewNodeJUnitTest.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsJUnitTest.testBuildSchemaLocationMapAttribute.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsJUnitTest.testBuildSchemaLocationMapEmptyAttribute.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsJUnitTest.testBuildSchemaLocationMapNullAttribute.xml

/Users/klund/dev/gemfire3/open/geode-core/bin/test/org/apache/geode/management/internal/configuration/utils/XmlUtilsJUnitTest.testQuerySingleElement.xml

Re: Rat is failing due to generated files under bin directories

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
I filed a PR but then I noticed that there are some */bin/* dirs under the
source trees in Geode, so it's probably not a good exclusion to commit. I
think I'm going to close my PR and try to prevent the IDEs from creating
additional bin dirs.

Posted by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@gmail.com>.