Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Level D <72...@qq.com> on 2016/09/02 10:50:40 UTC

Cache Problems

Hi all,

I have several questions about ignite 1.6.0's cache.

1. When does ignite free the non-heap memory? I found a system.gc in source code, is it?
2. How can I check the data in non-heap memory with just ignite itself?

3. Are there any bugs about ignite cannot release non-heap memory correctly?

4. How can I check some data exchanged to hard disk by ignite-visor-console?

5. What does "left right" exactly mean when I exchange some data to hard disk?

Regards,

Zhou.

Re: Cache Problems

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhou,

Most likely this ticket is not connected with what you're seeing. Please
show full cache configuration and the code sample that reproduces the
behavior.

-Val

Re: Cache Problems

Posted by Level D <72...@qq.com>.
Hi Val,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

For the third question, I have a case.
I buckup a cache in non-heap memory with some updates eveyday. When it's finished, I destory the former cache. But system memory is used more and more.
Here's a url.
Is there a kind of bug like that?

For the forth question, here's a printscreen. And yes, it's swap.

When I use "cache -a", it shows this.

Entries in hard disk are not counted.

For the fifth question, here's another printscreen.

What do *.left and *.right mean? What are the diffrences between them?

Regards,

Zhou.

Re: Cache Problems

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhou,

1. Off-heap memory is managed manually by Ignite and it's released whenever
it's not needed anymore (e.g., you remove entry from cache). System.gc() has
access only to heap memory.

2. I'm not sure I understand this question. Can you clarify?

3. I'm not aware of such bugs. Are you experiencing any unexpected behavior?

4. What do you mean by 'exchanged to hard disk'? Are you using swap?

5. Can you clarify what do you mean by that?

-Val

Re: Cache Problems

Posted by Semyon Boikov <sb...@apache.org>.
It looks like known issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2714