Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lynette Tillner <lt...@avs-1.com> on 2003/06/20 19:44:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Error: Dynamic Link Library libxml2.dll could not be found in the specified path

Hi, this is my first post.  I just installed a binary distribution for Win32 of Perl 5.8.0 and Apache 2.046 together with mod_per-1.99 ( by Randy Kobes, May 29, 2003).

I installed it on a Windows 98 SE machine first.  The install seemed to work fine there were some errors when I was following the steps to build the .html files.  But the Apache server won't load.  I get the following error when I type apache at the d:\apache2\bin window dos prompt:

d:\apache2\bin>apache
[Fri Jun 20 08:57:22 2003] [error] Can't load 'D:/Perl/site/lib/auto/XML/LibXML/Common/Common.dll' for module XML::LibXML::Common: load_file:One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found at d:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
 at D:/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 11
Complilation failed in require at d:/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 11.
Complilation failed in require at D:/Apache2/conf/startup.pl line 18.
Complilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 1.

[Fri Jun 20 08:57:22 2003] [error] Can't load Perl file: D:/Apache2/conf/startup.pl for server localhost:80. exiting...

Can anyone please help me resolve this?  I haven't found anything on the web that addresses this error!  I need to get this working so that an offline demo can take place on Tuesday!  Thanks for any help!

Lynette
Information Technology
Associated Valuation Services
ltillner@avs-1.com

[users@httpd] Re: Error: Dynamic Link Library libxml2.dll could not be found in the specified path

Posted by Lynette Tillner <lt...@avs-1.com>.
Thank you.  I just copied libxml2.dll to d:\apache2\bin (where apache starts
up) and all is fine now.

Thanks so much!  Have a great weekend!

Lynette

RE: Does DBD::Pg work w/mp2?

Posted by "Marc M. Adkins" <mm...@Doorways.org>.
> Is anyone using PostgreSQL via DBD::Pg in a threaded environment?
>
> It appears as though the DBD::Pg driver hasn't been made thread-safe yet.
> However it's possible that I'm misusing it somehow, doing something in my
> startup.pl that I shouldn't, whatever.  So I'm asking if anyone else is
> using DBD::Pg successfully w/mp2 at the current time???

>From the DBD::Pg mailing list:

-------------------------------------

The version in CVS should work with threading, but the version on CPAN
does not yet. You can download a cvs copy:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbdpg/projdisplay.php

or just add these three lines to Pg.pm and recompile:

diff -c -r1.37 Pg.pm
*** Pg.pm				10 Jun 2003 19:14:53 -0000			1.37
--- Pg.pm				22 Jun 2003 21:22:31 -0000
***************
*** 38,43 ****
--- 38,47 ----
      $errstr = "";			# holds error string for DBI::errstr
      $drh = undef;			# holds driver handle once initialized

+				sub CLONE {
+								$drh = undef ;
+				}
+
      sub driver{
				return $drh if $drh;
				my($class, $attr) = @_;

-------------------------------------

I've tried it and it seems to work just fine.

mma

Does DBD::Pg work w/mp2?

Posted by "Marc M. Adkins" <mm...@Doorways.org>.
Is anyone using PostgreSQL via DBD::Pg in a threaded environment?

I'm getting:

	[Fri Jun 20 11:47:57 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
	  DBD::Pg::dr default_user failed: handle 1
	  is owned by thread 126e2e4
	  not current thread 11df014
	  (handles can't be shared between threads and
	   your driver may need a CLONE method added)

with DBD::Pg 1.22 (W2K, Apache 2.0.46, Perl 5.8, mod_perl 1.99.10-dev).

It appears as though the DBD::Pg driver hasn't been made thread-safe yet.
However it's possible that I'm misusing it somehow, doing something in my
startup.pl that I shouldn't, whatever.  So I'm asking if anyone else is
using DBD::Pg successfully w/mp2 at the current time???

In the meantime the DBD::PgPP driver works OK, but of course it probably
won't perform as well.

mma

Re: Error: Dynamic Link Library libxml2.dll could not be found in the specified path

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.