Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Csaba Banhalmi <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/08 12:20:20 UTC

mysql 8 database problem

Hi,

I upgraded to mysql and since then I can’t use bases db to score my mails. Spam assassin -D says the following:

[12254] dbg: bayes: tok_get_all: SQL error: Illegal mix of collations
for operation ' IN '
[12254] dbg: bayes: cannot use bayes on this message; none of the
tokens were found in the database
[12254] dbg: bayes: not scoring message, returning undef

Collation is the same as before, moreover I dumped the db and imported in a mysql 5.6 which works fine, I get my bayes scoring just fine.
I use spamassassin 3.4.2 and mysql 8.0.12

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Best regards,
Csaba

Re: mysql 8 database problem

Posted by Giovanni Bechis <gi...@paclan.it>.
On 12/8/18 1:20 PM, Csaba Banhalmi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to mysql and since then I can’t use bases db to score my mails. Spam assassin -D says the following:
>
> [12254] dbg: bayes: tok_get_all: SQL error: Illegal mix of collations
> for operation ' IN '
> [12254] dbg: bayes: cannot use bayes on this message; none of the
> tokens were found in the database
> [12254] dbg: bayes: not scoring message, returning undef
>
> Collation is the same as before, moreover I dumped the db and imported in a mysql 5.6 which works fine, I get my bayes scoring just fine.
> I use spamassassin 3.4.2 and mysql 8.0.12
>
> Any help is appreciated, thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Csaba

Can you post on pastebin the bayes table definition (SHOW CREATE TABLE) ?
 Thanks
  Giovanni