Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Joseph Southwell <jo...@southwell.org> on 2014/01/09 01:09:58 UTC

Issue tracking policy question.

This hasn’t happened to me yet, but I am sure it will.
If we cannot reproduce a bug and we get no reply from the submitter what is our course of action in the issue tracking system?

Joseph Southwell
joseph@southwell.org
The past is history,
The future's a mystery,
The present's a gift.

Re: Issue tracking policy question.

Posted by Rhys Ulerich <rh...@gmail.com>.
> If we cannot reproduce a bug and we get no reply from the submitter what is our course of action in the issue tracking system?

Mark Resolved as Cannot Reproduce?

- Rhys

Re: Issue tracking policy question - two another

Posted by Florian Seydoux <fs...@apache.org>.
Following the Joseph's question regarding the issue tracking workflow:

1) how/when/based on what can we 'close' issues marked as fixed?
- is that something which can be done by the reporter? (and what to do
when this one left)
- should we try to provides test code (ideally unit test?) as
systematically as possible, and checks if issue is properly closed at
release time (closing the jira issue at this time).

2) triaging of the jira issues (which relates to version numbering policy)
is it recommended to establish some rules, or do we just count on the
good sense, ie. having maintenance release with only bug fixes, and
keeping new functionalists (new appenders?) for minor/major releases ?

--
flo