Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by tech_list <te...@womenshealth.com> on 2010/05/06 12:38:13 UTC

perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Last I check mod_perl from SVN did not play well with 5.12.  Is this still the case?

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Posted by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com>.
On 2010-05-06 at 09:06, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:48 AM, tech_list <te...@womenshealth.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>> Line 96:
>> if ($pos >= $[) {         if ($pos >= 0) {
>>
>> I think this should be changed back.  It is only assignment of $[ that is
>> deprecated, correct?
>>

> My 2cents: If you don't assign to $[ then $[ must be 0 in this Perl source
> file.  And comparing with 0 instead of $[ is understandable to more people.

Agreed, there's no reason to even mention $[ in current Perl code.

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Thursday 06 May 2010 13:53:37 tech_list wrote:
> >> [  error] '/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -q NOTEST_CPPFLAGS' failed:
> >> [  error] Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at
> >> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs line 86.

Okay, I see. My apxs starts with

 #!/usr/bin/perl -w

and this perl is still 5.10.0.

Nevertheless apxs is not part of modperl. Best you'd file bug against httpd.

In the meantime simply delete line 86 in apxs. $[ is 0 per default. So,
C<local $[=0> is useless. It's usage has been deprecated for a long time.

Normally this message is a warning. Do you really see an error? Or is it only
this message that bothers you?

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Posted by tech_list <te...@womenshealth.com>.

On May 6, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:

> On Thursday 06 May 2010 13:10:34 tech_list wrote:
>> perl Makefile.PL gives me this:
>> [  error] '/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -q EXTRA_CPPFLAGS' failed:
>> [  error] Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at
>> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs line 86.
>>
>> [  error] '/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -q NOTEST_CPPFLAGS' failed:
>> [  error] Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at
>> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs line 86.
>>
> apxs is not part of modperl. It belongs to apache. Maybe your apache is too
> old?
>
> Torsten Förtsch
>
> --
> Need professional modperl support? Hire me! (http://foertsch.name)
>
> Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

It's the latest release

# httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix)
Server built:   Apr 25 2010 20:07:15
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:24
Server loaded:  APR 1.4.2, APR-Util 1.3.9
Compiled using: APR 1.4.2, APR-Util 1.3.9
Architecture:   32-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
  threaded:     no
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.

Re: perl 5.12 / mod_perl