Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jaroslav KamenĂ­k <ja...@kamenik.cz> on 2017/11/07 10:38:48 UTC

High IOWaits after upgrade to 3.11.1

Hi all,

we are running one small testing cluster on virtualized HW,
it had little higher IOWaits in past, but after upgrade to
C* 3.11.1 IOWaits grew up +- three times. Are there any
changes causing more agressive disc usage?

Thanks,

Jaroslav

Re: High IOWaits after upgrade to 3.11.1

Posted by Eric Evans <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Jaroslav KamenĂ­k <ja...@kamenik.cz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are running one small testing cluster on virtualized HW,
> it had little higher IOWaits in past, but after upgrade to
> C* 3.11.1 IOWaits grew up +- three times. Are there any
> changes causing more agressive disc usage?

What version are you upgrading from?

How many page faults are you seeing?  If the number is high, you might
try adding "disk_access_mode: mmap_index_only" to cassandra.yaml
(there is no default entry in the file).

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.evans@gmail.com