Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Seamus Donohue <se...@capeclear.com> on 2004/04/21 15:42:31 UTC

xalan and scripting article - request for review

Hi,

I have written an article on scripting extensions in Python, VBScript and
PerlScript in Xalan. Is there anyone interested in reviewing this. The
article contains what should be an easy to run example.

I also had to patch the ActiveScriptEngine.class in bsf.jar to get VBScript
and PerlScript to get the VBScript and PerlScript to work. I think this
group should look at this patch(I provided an ant target to patch the jar).

If anyone is interested then please let me know and I will email the zip of
the article and example resources to you.

Also anyone know where the best place is to publish an article like this? It
could even be turned into Xalan help. I dont care where the article content
goes as long as it gets out there as currently there next to nothing out
there on the web on Xalan and non JavaScript scripting.

Seamus Donohue
Cape Clear Software
www.capeclear.com

Re: xalan and scripting article - request for review

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.

Admittedly I'm slightly biased, but: One possible publication venue would
be IBM's DeveloperWorks website --
      http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/

Toward the bottom of the page there's a link for "submit an article or
idea" which takes you to a form for contacting the editors.