Posted to wagon-dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/06/04 09:08:58 UTC

[vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Hi

The Wagon 1.0-beta-3 candidate has been staged.

This release includes 59 fixes. You can take a look at the release
notes here:
     http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10335&styleName=Html&version=12544

While the binaries, including the sources, signatures and checksums,
can be downloaded here:
    http://people.apache.org/~brett/staged-releases-wagon

The tag is:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/wagon/tags/wagon-1.0-beta-3

Everyone is encouraged to vote and give their feedback.

[ ]  +1  Release it!
[ ]   0
[ ]  -1  Don't release it, because...

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

[result] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding): Brett, John, Emmanuel, Brian
other +1: James

I'll proceed with the release

Re: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
+1 for release.

I tested the jackrabbit maven branch with the staged release - looks
great.

Thanks again for cleaning up Wagon and pushing forward with a release
Brett.

James

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
I'll take a look early this week, but I'm concerned about how much
changed during a beta including API changes and total replacement of a
provider. We know from experience now whatever testing we've done we
end up dinging users.

On 6-Jun-08, at 2:10 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> Do we need the special branch to test this? What changes exactly are
> in
> that jackrabbit branch?

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.

-- Buddha

Re: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You could just bump things to 1.0-beta-3 on the main branch (but there
is no webdav wagon in 1.0-beta-3, so keep that at beta-2).

The jackrabbit branch changes the following:
- the above
- replace wagon-webadv with wagon-webdav-jackrabbit
- adjust shading rules to match the above.

- Brett

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Re: wagon changes was: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
me too.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 13/06/2008, at 3:50 AM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> +1. I tested against a plain vanilla apache httpd+mod_dav and was able
> to deploy from a distant connection (hotel) w/o issues. I was also
> able
> to revert to the old webdav without issues.
>
> Sorry for the delay Brett and thanks for waiting.

No worries - thanks for taking the time to test it.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Fwd: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
FYI, I have posted this vote on wagon-dev@ for those that are
interested.

Cheers,
Brett

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
That +1 was a version change to 1.0

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
+1

Re: wagon version was: [vote] Release Wagon 1.0 beta 3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
In general, I certainly agree. However, there are issues open for 1.0
that include documentation which would make it usable by someone else.
Also, I'm hesitant to jump to 1.0 after incorporating 59 fixes
spanning more than a year.

IMO, these shouldn't halt another release though.

*Please* change the subject when you comment on a vote so that it
doesn't confuse things, such as with James' reply.

- Brett

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Ugh. beta-3?
Can't we just call this 1.0 yet?