Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net> on 2001/04/10 20:38:02 UTC

Cute little bug....

Graham, any ideas?

[Tue Apr 10 14:34:05 2001] [debug] proxy_http.c(295): proxy: keepalive address mismatch (close old socket (www.unc.edu/www.unc.edu, 80/80))

Little odd, yes?

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski
======================
v.j.orlikowski@gte.net
orlikowski@apache.org
vjo@us.ibm.com

Re: Cute little bug....

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net>.
No idea at the moment. If I see it again, I shall let you know.
This was found rather after-the-fact. in the logs.
However, this sounds sane to me.
I would expect them to be of the same length, but the possibility
exists that they are not.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski
======================

Re: Cute little bug....

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
"Victor J. Orlikowski" wrote:

> [Tue Apr 10 14:34:05 2001] [debug] proxy_http.c(295): proxy: keepalive address mismatch (close old socket (www.unc.edu/www.unc.edu, 80/80))
>
> Little odd, yes?

Hmmm - are the strings www.unc.edu and www.unc.edu the same length? (ie
are there no hidden trailing chars involved)...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Cute little bug....

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v....@gte.net>.
Netscape 4.7x
so, no keepalives...

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski
======================

Re: Cute little bug....

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
"Victor J. Orlikowski" wrote:

> Graham, any ideas?
>
> [Tue Apr 10 14:34:05 2001] [debug] proxy_http.c(295): proxy: keepalive address mismatch (close old socket (www.unc.edu/www.unc.edu, 80/80))
>
> Little odd, yes?

This is why:

           vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
      if ((conf->id == c->id) &&
            (conf->connectport == connectport) &&
            (conf->connectname) &&
            (!apr_strnatcasecmp(conf->connectname,connectname))) {
      [...]

When the connection ID's don't match, a new socket is created. The
message doesn't cover this case.

What browser are you using? (does it support keepalives?)

Re: Cute little bug....

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
It's those experimental unc.edu servers. 8^)

Aside from some child exit sluggishness when shutting down, I'm seeing
what looks like timeouts every so often in http proxy. Probably related
to keepalives.

Also, the odd group of

[error] (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

On Tuesday, April 10, 2001, at 02:38 PM, Victor J. Orlikowski wrote:

> Graham, any ideas?
>
> [Tue Apr 10 14:34:05 2001] [debug] proxy_http.c(295): proxy: keepalive
> address mismatch (close old socket (www.unc.edu/www.unc.edu, 80/80))
>
> Little odd, yes?

It's the pollen.

Chuck

Re: Cute little bug....

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
I should mention the proxy is wireless, in- and outbound. Still, a use
for the forward proxy/cache.