Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by ji...@ementor.se on 2001/04/10 08:56:53 UTC

service deployment problems

Hi all!

It seems like I have a minor problem with the services on my soap
server. Whatever service I call in the command prompt I get this
in response :

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
  http://localhost:8100/xml-soap/servlet/rpcrouter
  deploy
  DeploymentDescriptor.xml

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I have reinstalled the server with the installation manual
attached to the soap package, but it always seems to fail here.

I'm running JRun3.0 on WinNT.

Please, anyone that have the least clue what this problem
could be please reply =)

Thank you!
//Jimmy

Re: service deployment problems

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
In my experience this error occurred when Xerces was not in the appropriate place in the JRun
classpath.  You can check your configuration yourself.  The properties file is

    \program files\allaire\jrun\lib\global.properties

The line is

jrun.classpath=j:\\xerces-1_2_3\\xerces.jar;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/ext;{jrun.rootdir}/lib/jrun.jar;{jrun
.rootdir}/lib/install.jar;J:\\jdk1.2.2\\lib\\tools.jar

In other words, xerces should be the very first thing in the class path.  The next item pulls in
another XML parser that does not support DOM 2.

Scott Nichol