Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com> on 2012/11/29 17:37:53 UTC

progress of cleanup operations

I know there is very little insight currently into long running JMX operations but has anyone figured out any way clever to determine approximate progress on cleanup operations? Merci.

Best,
Michael

'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks solutions.
Visit http://barracudanetworks.com/facebook

Re: progress of cleanup operations

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com>.
One thought I had would be to grep for all lines in the logs for the
equivalent of

grep "Cleaning up SSTableReader(path='/data/cassandra/keyspace/cf/"
/var/log/cassandra/system.log | wc -l

which would give you the number of sstables processed for that column
family. Then you could compare that to the number of total sstables in
your data dir for that cf for a rough percentage of sstables that have
been processed.

Thoughts?

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.