Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Andrea Turli <no...@github.com> on 2015/08/03 17:20:53 UTC

Re: [jclouds] Add new Softlayer API method to return arbitrary VirtualGuest fields (#832)

thanks @grkvlt ! I think it makes sense to have such a method. Probably it should be the only mechanism supported *but* in order to do that we need to improve the domain objects (moving to AutoValue for sure) so that they actually support arbitrary fields.

Main problem is that DTO are quite complex in SoftLayer and they not only support `local properties` but also `relational and count properties` because of the rich query language they support from API.
There is a risk that the query passed using *Filtered method may be valid but requires a field that is not modelled in the domain class. See [VirtualGuest def](http://sldn.softlayer.com/reference/datatypes/SoftLayer_Virtual_Guest) and [VirtualGuest jclouds](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/providers/softlayer/src/main/java/org/jclouds/softlayer/domain/VirtualGuest.java)

Wdyt?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/832#issuecomment-127275182