Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dominik Fettel <fe...@navigate-internet.de> on 2005/10/27 16:10:01 UTC

XML > XSLT > XML > XSLT > Output Cocoon2.1

dear all,

How do achieve this in sitemap.xmap:

1) I Have a BIG XML-File ( > 10MB) extract the relevant Data using a
XSLT

2) This result should be cached and used by several other XSLT (fo2pdf,
xhtml ...)

I tried
<map:generate type="proxy" src="http://localhost/..." />

but this seem not working.

Do i make a general mistake?

Regards,
	Dominik

Re: XML > XSLT > XML > XSLT > Output Cocoon2.1

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
If I understand, you are asking how can you take advantage of caching for
part 1 (extraction of relevant data from a large XML stream) and have that
cached piece reused by other pipelines.

You should be able to do this by breaking out the first step into its own
map:match, and using the cocoon:/ protocol to access it.  Something like:

<map:match pattern="myURL.xhtml">
  <map:generate src="cocoon:/myURL-extract-data" />
  <map:transform ... />
  <map:serialize type="xhtml" />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="myURL.pdf">
  <map:generate src="cocoon:/myURL-extract-data" />
  <map:transform ... />
  <map:serialize type="pdf" />
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="myURL-extract-data">
  <map:generate src="huge-xml-file.xml" />
  <map:transform src="extract-data.xsl" />
  <map:serialize type="xml" />
</map:match>

The result of myURL-extract-data will be cached after the first access
(normal caching rules apply) and fed directly into the generators of the
other two pipelines.

Hope that helps
--Jason