Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 10:53:57 UTC

How to set network connector between to secure activemq broker?

I need some help defining network connector between two secure(requiring jaas
authentication) brokers.

The example given on the link http://activemq.apache.org/security.html,
tells how to do when Broker A is secure and Broker B (unsecured) connect
using NetworkConnector to Broker A. But doesn't tell how to setup
NetworkConnector when Broker B also requires authentication.

Thanks in advance.

-Bipin

Re: How to set network connector between to secure activemq broker?

Posted by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>.
This seems to be unanswered on activemq-user forum too.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-users/200910.mbox/%3C69b2d60e0910240900r3d36b142w236ec1bf6f6d8f29@mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: How to set network connector between to secure activemq broker?

Posted by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>.
I am sorry but I don't get it, what do you mean by setting up reverse
example??

Johan Edstrom wrote

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: Re:How to set network connector between to secure activemq broker?

Posted by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>.
We have embedded activemq brokers attached to our software and we let users
connect those together to form a network of brokers from a specific
instance.
We don't want users to go to the other remote instance and create a network
connector. HTH

Isn't there anyway to workaround this issue? Relating to security there are
two things I didn't like about activemq, frist is this netwrok connector
between two secure broker and other is that camel although connecting using
vm protocol is required to authenticate to the broker, I fail to understand
as could could be the risk to allow camel connect unauthenticated when
connecting over vm:// protocol to a broker.

Thanks
-Bipin

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.

Posted by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
what about setting duplex=true?

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> But setting up network connector on both the brokers would be breaking our
> design.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Re:How to set network connector between to secure activemq broker?

Posted by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.
setting up two unidirectional network connector may do the trick.