Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by rmorrisey <rm...@csc.com> on 2008/10/07 03:23:32 UTC

Patch for ModalWindow?

wicket 1.3.4
I have a small addition to ModalWindow that I think would be useful as a
patch. Please tell me what you think.

The idea is hook in an IAjaxCallDecorator on the WindowClosedCallback
request (before WindowClosedCallback.onClose() finished and repaints the
page containing the ModalWindow). It does this by letting the user set an
IAjaxCallDecorator on the ModalWindow itself, which is then used when the
WindowClosedBehavior is rendered.

In our system we use a ModalWindow to pick items that will be displayed on
the page. The ModalWindow takes a couple of seconds to repaint the
containing page after it is closed (this is the ajax request where
WindowClosedCallback.onClose() is called). The call decorator can do
something before WindowClosedCallback.onClose() finishes, like displaying a
wicket ajax indicator icon.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19849489/ModalWindow.java ModalWindow.java

Re: Patch for ModalWindow?

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008, rmorrisey wrote:
> wicket 1.3.4
> I have a small addition to ModalWindow that I think would be useful as a
> patch. Please tell me what you think.

Hi, it sounds like a nice idea, though I don't know what
exactly what it could be used for :) Displaying some
notification after closing the window?

> http://www.nabble.com/file/p19849489/ModalWindow.java ModalWindow.java

However, the contribution is better done as a patch against
Wicket trunk (and/or 1.3.x at the moment) attached to a Jira
issue. That way, it's also a lot easier to review your
changes -- and those familiar with ModalWindow can comment on
whether the addition is worthwhile or if there is already a
way to achieve the same.

Best wishes,
Timo

--