Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/01 12:39:14 UTC

FTP Server block.

A guy that has done some work for Jesktop has developed a FTP server (complete with login etc).
attached to it is a GUI for addition of users and other config chores.  He's tested it with major
browsers and FTP clients and it's very good.

When looking at it, I am thinking Avalon!  Would this, if adapted to the Avalon way, be a worthy
addition to Avalon/cornerstone?

=====
Regards - Paul H
====
CVS -1, Perforce +1

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: FTP Server block.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 03:39  1/3/01 -0800, Paul Hammant wrote:
>A guy that has done some work for Jesktop has developed a FTP server
(complete with login etc).
>attached to it is a GUI for addition of users and other config chores.
He's tested it with major
>browsers and FTP clients and it's very good.
>
>When looking at it, I am thinking Avalon!  Would this, if adapted to the
Avalon way, be a worthy
>addition to Avalon/cornerstone?

Depends on how complete it was. If it was complete I would say it is worthy
of being a completely separate project ;) If it is less complete and needs
time to mature then I would to see it converted to avalon/cornerstone way
;) It's up to him and how he wants to proceed I guess. I have written my
own FTP server but would gladly drop it to work on another as his sounds
more complete than mine (mine breaks on some passive transfers because I am
a crap programmer ;]).

Ask him what he thinks about it and what he wants to do and see what he
saids ;)

Cheers,

Pete