Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Krishna432 <ia...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/15 11:44:33 UTC

First time user of activemq - need basic help

Hi Experts,

I am first time user of activemq, I able to download and install and make
changes configuration file to create queue. I am not sure on how/what to
configure to send messages from linux server to this queue. After few
struggles I can see some jmx messages in linux server but not on UI.

Need solid help Please ..

Thanks
Krishna

Re: First time user of activemq - need basic help

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
In order to use ActiveMQ, you need to select a protocol for sending
messages to the broker, and a client language.

If you're already working in Java, the easiest option is to use the Java
JMS client library that we publish, which will use the OpenWire protocol.
If you're working in. NET or C++, we provide similar client libraries for
those languages.

If you already use the AMQP protocol elsewhere, ActiveMQ can accept those
messages, and there are third-party AMQP client libraries in many languages.

If you're working in a simple scripting language, which you might be since
you referenced Linux rather than a programming language, you can use the
STOMP protocol, which is a very simple ASCII text protocol that doesn't
need a client library.

Tim

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I am first time user of activemq, I able to download and install and make
> changes configuration file to create queue. I am not sure on how/what to
> configure to send messages from linux server to this queue. After few
> struggles I can see some jmx messages in linux server but not on UI.
>
> Need solid help Please ..
>
> Thanks
> Krishna
>

> --