Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jessie914 <sh...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2009/12/01 10:16:28 UTC

Re: Any best practise to make CXF better support large amount data transmit

hi, Glen

Many thanks for the reply, I am now able to invoke async calls.

Regarding to the MTOM,  if MTOM is used, the server side must enable the
MTOM as well, correct?

if there is nothing I can change on the server side,  the only transport way
is to use the default way?

thanks again.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tue December 1 2009 4:16:28 am Jessie914 wrote:
> hi, Glen
>
> Many thanks for the reply, I am now able to invoke async calls.
>
> Regarding to the MTOM,  if MTOM is used, the server side must enable the
> MTOM as well, correct?

If you want the server to RETURN MTOM, yes.   The server (and client) will
always accept MTOM even if mtom is turned "off".   It just won't produce MTOM.

> if there is nothing I can change on the server side,  the only transport
>  way is to use the default way?

Pretty much.   Being stuck on 2.1 also limits things a bit.     With 2.2.5 and
such, we support streaming attachments much better.    We also can have gzip
encoding enabled with the mtom stuff, thus reducing bandwidth even more.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org