Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/21 03:40:49 UTC

hdfs command not found upon namenode initialization

Hi bigtop users,

I'm new to bigtop and it is a stupid question.
I'm trying to install a minimal hadoop cluster (hdfs, yarn and hadoop
client) on my centos.
I'm following this doc
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.6.0
with a little tweak (e.g. bigtop-0.6.0 does not exist so I use 0.7.0
instead)
I thought a few commands below would do a magic for me but a simple error
"hdfs command not found" occurred.[1]
I cannot find a Bigtop package that contains something like /usr/bin/hdfs
either.[2]
What is the bigtop way to install hdfs and get my namenode initialization
work?

[1] my steps to reproduce the issue.
sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/bigtop.repo http://
www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-0.7.0/repos/centos5/bigtop.repo
sudo yum install hadoop\*
bash-4.1$ sudo service hadoop-hdfs-namenode init
*bash: hdfs: command not found*

[2] can not find a "hdfs" binary
bash-4.1$ repoquery -l hadoop flume mahout oozie whirr hbase hive hue |grep
hdfs
/usr/lib/flume/lib/flume-hdfs-sink-1.4.0.jar
/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native/libhdfs.a
/usr/lib/oozie/libtools/hadoop-hdfs-2.0.6-alpha.jar

[3] list of packages that I installed.
bash-4.1$ yum list installed |egrep --color "hadoop|bigtop"
bigtop-jsvc.x86_64             1.0.10.3-1               @bigtop

bigtop-tomcat.noarch           6.0.36.3-1               @bigtop

bigtop-utils.noarch            0.7.0.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop.x86_64                  2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-client.x86_64           2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-conf-pseudo.x86_64      2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-debuginfo.x86_64        2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-doc.x86_64              2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-hdfs-datanode.x86_64    2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-hdfs-fuse.x86_64        2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-hdfs-journalnode.x86_64 2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-hdfs-namenode.x86_64    2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-hdfs-secondarynamenode.x86_64
                               2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-hdfs-zkfc.x86_64        2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-libhdfs.x86_64          2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-mapreduce-historyserver.x86_64
                               2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-yarn-nodemanager.x86_64 2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-yarn-proxyserver.x86_64 2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

hadoop-yarn-resourcemanager.x86_64
                               2.0.6.3-1                @bigtop

--
-jun

Re: hdfs command not found upon namenode initialization

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
Great, glad you got I resolved. Let us know if you have any further
questions. And, sorry about the delay in responding.

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jun aoki <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org>.

sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/bigtop.repo http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-0.7.0/repos/centos5/bigtop.repo<http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-0.7.0/repos/centos5/bigtop.repo>