Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Blake Eggleston <be...@apple.com> on 2017/03/17 19:22:47 UTC

Can we kill the wiki?

With CASSANDRA-8700, docs were moved in tree, with the intention that they would replace the wiki. However, it looks like we’re still getting regular requests to edit the wiki. It seems like we should be directing these folks to the in tree docs and either disabling edits for the wiki, or just removing it entirely, and replacing it with a link to the hosted docs. I'd prefer we just remove it myself, makes things less confusing for newcomers.

Does that seem reasonable to everyone?

Re: Can we kill the wiki?

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
If there was a single instance of collaborative design in the wiki I would
agree with you.

Google docs have been used a bit recently and have worked well.

Re: Can we kill the wiki?

Posted by Blake Eggleston <be...@apple.com>.
The Cassandra wiki isn't used for collaborative design at all as far as I can tell. Also, most of the information that is in the wiki should probably be in tree somewhere. Either as proper docs, or contribution guidelines.

Re: Can we kill the wiki?

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can we kill the wiki?

Posted by Murukesh Mohanan <mu...@gmail.com>.