Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/18 11:42:27 UTC

scala shell not part of 1.14.4 download

Hi,

https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/deployment/repls/scala_shell/
mentions:

bin/start-scala-shell.sh local

a script to start a scala REPL shell.

But the download for Flink
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/flink/flink-1.14.4/flink-1.14.4-bin-scala_2.12.tgz

Does not seem to include this script anymore.

Am I missing something?

How can I still start a scala repl?

Best,

Georg

Re: scala shell not part of 1.14.4 download

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georg,

You can try Zeppelin 0.10.1 which supports scala 2.12 for
Flink interpreter. Internally, Flink interpreter of Zeppelin use scala
shell, you can write scala code and run it in an interactive way.

https://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html
https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.10.1/interpreter/flink.html
https://medium.com/analytics-vidhya/learn-flink-sql-the-easy-way-d9d48a95ae57

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: scala shell not part of 1.14.4 download

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Georg,

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Georg,

I just noticed that the replies between Jeff and me didn't go through the
mailing list. For reference, Jeff moved it to
https://github.com/zjffdu/flink-scala-shell

Best regards,

Martijn

Posted by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com>.