Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/07/26 18:43:19 UTC

System.out.println() in Main.java

It has come to my attention that we have a whole mess of
System.out.println(...) messages in org.apache.cocoon.Main.java.  I find
this very annoying.  I propose converting all of those into INFO level
log messages for the category "cocoon.cli".  We can then use the
logkit.xconf file to determine exactly where those messages should go.

IMO they clutter the output of an ANT task.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

RE: System.out.println() in Main.java

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
For the time being, I will add one more commandline option:
--verbose

The verbose option will allow all the nasty System.out.println()
calls, but they will not be there until necessary.