Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tuomo L <tu...@niksula.hut.fi> on 2002/11/11 15:08:44 UTC

Re: XSP in XSL and Caching problem!

Timothy and others,

I think I found a solution to this problem!

By adding this:

<xsp:dependency>/some/file/here.xsl</xsp:dependency>

Into the XSP file, ServerPagesGenerator checks if that file has also
changed. If it is, the
XSP is recompiled. You can add as many dependencies as you want. See:

src\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\language\markup\xsp\java\xsp.xsp for
more on this.

I haven't tested with a relative path yet, but it should work too. After
you add those lines, you have to remove the work dir, and restart tomcat
one more time.

Of course, this is manual a trick, and SHOULD be totally automatic
in
Cocoon with it's otherwise great caching algorithms.

I've reported the bug in Bugzilla.

-Tuomo