Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/10 21:52:19 UTC

Changes of Maven Plugins to have 2.2.1 as minimum requirement

Hi I am seeing a number changes to core maven plugins to have Maven 2.2.1
as minimum requirement.

Are we going to release them soon?

Just curious

Thank you for doing all that works

-Dan

Re: Changes of Maven Plugins to have 2.2.1 as minimum requirement

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Dan,

 > Hi I am seeing a number changes to core maven plugins to
 >  have Maven 2.2.1
> as minimum requirement.

To be accurate it is the minimum which is needed to build them...

I have to admit that i didn't test the runtime against 2.0.11 of the
plugins which i've changed...on the other hand i really don't care cause
2.0.X is in my opinion out of scope...only Maven 2.2.1 is the one which
i do tests again...currently i'm setting up a build server to make that
more convenient for me...(more Java versions/Maven Versions)...

> Are we going to release them soon?

That depends on how you define soon...

I'm just going through the list and checking which plugin has not been
released after 2012...

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/

By using that you will get a list of plugins like:

maven-rar-plugin, m-ejb-p, maven-acr-plugin etc. which should be updated...

Currently i'm also working on a larger release of maven-enforcer..the
list of changes is a little bit longer...(new rules
restrictDistributionManagement, reactorConvergence and some enhancements
of rules)...

I'm working on that...and will release plugin after plugin...which i
already did within the last months...

This is in particular to get the community aware of there is something
happen and updates are comming and not thinking ..."Development Dead" or
something similar...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise