Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net> on 2003/01/13 18:53:17 UTC

jdk support in Tomcat 5

hi there,
I am rewriting the session replication for tomcat 5 to be more efficient.
Can I use jdk1.4 features such as java.nio packages for that ?

thanks
Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~
Filip Hanik
Software Architect
www.filip.net

Re: jdk support in Tomcat 5

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Filip Hanik wrote:
> hi there,
> I am rewriting the session replication for tomcat 5 to be more efficient.
> Can I use jdk1.4 features such as java.nio packages for that ?

+1.
Cluster is a separate module, so I'm fine with that dependency.

Remy

RE: jdk support in Tomcat 5

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
>If possible, it would be nice to also have fallback code - i.e. code that
>works ( slower ) on JDK1.3.

yes it is, it should be in there now, but that code is dog slow and only
works for small clusters :)

Filip

~

Re: jdk support in Tomcat 5